Owner/Manager, Ms. Shawn, has owned and managed long-term rental properties in Florida since 1999. After traveling to New Hampshire and meeting a retired couple who owned and managed a wonderful little cabin retreat, Shawn felt compelled to expand into the vacation rental arena where she can help lend to fond memories for friends and families traveling to inspiring places. As a Florida native, who traveled to the beautiful state of Tennessee two, three, sometimes four times a year between 1991 and 2007, Shawn knew that this was the destination for her dream. Following a visit to friends living in the Fall Creek Falls area, Shawn decided this was a great area of Tennessee to lay the ground work for a new venture. While still in Florida, the location for Cozy Cottages (north side of Fall Creek Falls) was selected and purchased. Just as development was about to begin, the opportunity presented itself to purchase Cozy Cabins (south side of Fall Creek Falls) and relocated here in 2008. Since 2006, Shawn has owned and managed Cozy Cabins & Cottages. A quaint, but ultimate relaxing vacation getaway in the Fall Creek Falls area.
Let us show you how your Fall Creek Falls vacation home can help pay for itself. Our marketing initiatives and management oversight can provide you with the peace of mind that your investment is working for you, is available for you when you need a vacation and is being taken care of by a very meticulous, conscientious team. We have a proven record of customer satisfaction and are continuing to grow each year. Join us and grow your investment with our help!
Should you decide to put your mind at ease and let us help you manage your vacation home, please contact us at 931.946.3144
- To be the Fall Creek Falls area leader in property management and vacation rentals
- To provide first class services to our owner and guest community
- To provide an exceptional vacation experience for guests so they return frequently and recommend our vacation rentals, especially your home, to their family, friends and colleagues
- To operate with the highest standards of integrity and professionalism
Owners Frequently Asked Questions
- What is our Management Fee?
We have 2 levels of support; the fee levels are tiered in order that we may be able to provide exactly the level of service that you require; each fee is based on a percentage of the monthly rental revenues
1) * Referral Service (15-18%) - in this service agreement, we provide advertisement and reservation support only (all credit card and merchant fees are the responsibility of Cozy Cabins & Cottages and are included in this 18% fee that we retain); you, the property owner, are responsible for checking in/out all guests (i.e. providing keys), cleaning, maintenance and on-call support for your guests
2) * Full Service (25-35%) - in this service agreement, we provide advertisement, reservation support, processes for checking in/out guests, cleaning, maintenance, and on-call services for guests
* Fee rate variances depend on factors such as the nightly rate, minimum night stay and cleaning fee structure. Variances are not limited to these factors and may be adjusted based on services provided and other property requirements
- Who provides linens & towels?
1) Referral Service - owners must provide all linens
2) Full Service - we will provide sheets and bath/kitchen towels for guests. In our limited-service agreement, this is the responsibility of the property owner
In either case, the owner shall provide decorative coverings and blankets for all beds
- Who provides soaps and paper products?
1) Referral Service - owners must supply dish soap and toilet paper; all other items are optional, but must be agreed upon in advance so your guests know what to expect when they arrive
2) Full Service - we will provide dish soap, toilet paper and coffee filters for guests; other items such as paper towels, coffee and bath products may be supplied in high-end home rentals
- Who provides maintenance?
1) Referral Service - owners are responsible for all maintenance; any repairs necessary that are a direct result of guest negligence must be photographed or brought to the attention of Cozy Cabins & Cottages management for charging against guests security deposit
2) Full Service - Of course with this service level, Cozy Cabins & Cottages staff are fully experienced in determining immediately what type of maintenance repair cost is required (i.e. was it the result of guest negligence, normal wear and tear, or routine property maintenance). While the cost of all maintenance is ultimately the responsibility of the owner, Cozy Cabins & Cottages will automatically address minor maintenance requirements up to $50 and simply bill against guest security deposit or deduct these costs from your owners payment each month, depending upon the type of repair. Any maintenance required exceeding $50 will be brought to your attention for prior approval so that you may decide how to proceed with these costs. For any maintenance requiring 3rd party vendors, Cozy Cabins & Cottages coordination efforts will incur an additional 5% administrative fee over-and-above the cost of the maintenance required, not to exceed $50
- Who does annual deep cleans?
1) Referral Service - owners are responsible for 1-2 times per year annual deep clean with inspection by Cozy Cabins & Cottages management; we are proud of our reputation for having clean units and require that all properties we manage, at any level, meet our quality standards
2) Full Service - Cozy Cabins & Cottages
- Do you offer Keyless Entry?
This is an option, absolutely. Availability and installation will be determined on a case-by-case basis depending on the location and nature of the property, as well as level of service
- When do we receive our statements/payments?
Monthly, on or about the 20th
- For more Q & A details, click here, or call us at 931.946.3144
Our proven and successful marketing initiatives include:
- Website: http://www.fallcreekfallscabins.com and http://www.fallcreekfallscozycabins.com with an average visitor count of over 2000 hits per month; we can be found in the top 10 listings through both pay-per-click and organic search results on Yahoo, Google, AOL and MSN
- Listings with the following major vacation rental information sites include, but are not limited to:
- Advertisement/Membership with the following publications/locations/websites:
- Expositor Welcome Home publication
- Fall Creek Falls Vistor’s Guide (Dale Hollow Marketing Group)
- Fall Creek Falls Guide
- Fall Creek Falls Inn (CAP Indoor Advertising)
- Fall Creek Falls State Resort Park Visitor’s Guide (US Hospitality)
- Friends of Fall Creek Falls
- Golf Skor (Fall Creek Falls Golf Course score cards)
- Hamilton Place Mall (Chattanooga Visitor’s Bureau)
- Upper Cumberland Business Journal
- Upper Cumberland Tourism Association (UCTA)
- Van Buren County Chamber of Commerce
- Veterans View
- Yahoo! Local
- And we continue to expand our marketing initiatives each year!